maandag 19 augustus 2013

No excuses, but a lot of prints....






 
Ik heb geen enkel excuus voor het feit dat ik mijn blog een beetje verwaarloosd heb. Voor Birmingham kwam het er niet van, maar er na ook niet dus. Werk genoeg, daar ligt het niet aan, wel een heel erg mooi boek dat ik maar niet weg kan leggen:-) Afgelopen weekend was het stralend weer dus ik ben verder gegaan met monoprinting, volgens mij heb ik de eerste sessie nog niet eens laten zien....twee en drie ook niet (oeps) ik ben nu aan laag vijf volgens mij en sommige stoffen zijn nog steeds niet klaar. Ze zijn heel abstract en moeten nog helemaal verder uitgewerkt worden (lees vrij machinaal borduren/ quilten) Er zitten er een paar bij waar ik het ontwerp al helemaal van in mijn hoofd heb, maar er zitten er ook een paar bij waarvan ik echt niet weet welke kant het op gaat. Totaal zijn het er ongeveer 30, heerlijk als je weer eens een dag ongestoord kunt werken. Zo langzamerhand begon ik al behoorlijk kribbig te worden.....teveel andere zaken die aandacht nodig hadden.....Ik snap heel goed dat je nu nog geen enkel idee krijgt welke kant dit op gaat....just wait and see...

I have no excuse this time for neglecting my blog lately. Before Birmingham I couldn't find the time, but after it neither.  Plenty of work , that is not the problem, but there is also this really great book that I can't put away :-) Past weekend the weather was great so I continued mono printing, I'll think I didn't show you the first selection, or the second and the third (oeps) I am now up to the fifth layer and some fabrics still aren't ready. They are very abstract and need some development (read free machine embroidery or quilting) For some of them I've got the whole design in my head already, but there are also a few fabrics from which I really don't know which way they are going. There is a total of thirty pieces, it is so lovely when you have a whole day of work without interruption. Lately I started to feel very grumpy,...to much other things that needed attention..... I can imagine that you don't have a clue which way I am going....just wait and see....

2 opmerkingen:

Julie zei

I shall be doing some printing tomorrow too Jacqueline. We're having a playday with friends. I'll hope to get round to blogging it too but life seems very hectic with me too.

sharon young zei

Wow! That's a lot of pieces, very exciting colours and textures, looking forward to seeing how you work them.